Gone are the days when a customer had to trudge to a nearby store, stand in long lines to pay the bill, only to end up being chased by a person who is yearning to distribute his pamphlets and flyers.
Fast forward to today, the consumer goes through various websites, buys products with the click of a mouse, pays online and waits for the product to be delivered to his doorstep, courtesy of e-commerce.
We must remember that Digital Marketing to e-commerce companies is like what oxygen is to human beings.
So this blog is meant to school you about the importance of Digital Marketing for eCommerce businesses.
Let’s dive in.
1. Provides global reach – You can extend your advertising reach to millions of potential customers. If you are an e-commerce business, you have the advantage of selling your products and services beyond the brick-and-mortar store, but it is through digital marketing that you can reach your relevant target market conveniently and quickly. A full-service e-commerce marketing agency will help you develop a website to conduct transactions with your customers who are located in distant cities. Another advantage of digital marketing for e-commerce businesses is that it allows you to make sales around the clock and reach your customers after business hours. This is especially important if you are dealing with customers in different time zones.
2. Easy Personalization – Every customer is unique in the way he/she interacts with your business online. Digital marketing tools allow you to gather information from Big Data analytics. You need to use this data effectively to understand your customer’s characteristics and behavior. This will greatly help you leverage personalization with the intention of improving customer experience on your e-commerce website. Personalization means recommending products based on previous visits or items not purchased in the cart, or including incentives such as discounts or coupons. Such relevant, meaningful and compelling offers not only encourage customers to make a well-informed decision, but also foster loyalty and retention.
3. A cost effective way of advertising your eCommerce business – In any marketing campaign, it is imperative to consider the cost as it affects the budget of your business. Businesses can avoid the high marketing costs associated with traditional forms of advertising such as billboards, television or radio ads by simply using internet marketing. Many e-commerce websites conduct business without owning a physical store thanks to digital marketing. Digital marketing for e-commerce reduces the need to hire your own marketing and advertising staff. You can hire the services of a competent e-commerce marketing agency to help you create a web presence and build your business online.
4. Helps build lasting relationships with customers – We couldn’t have agreed more when Jeff Bezos said, “If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends”. When you arouse your audience’s interest and intrigue them through a survey, an online discussion, an event, or an insight into your work culture on social media, it will give you deep insights into their thoughts about and expectations of your business. This is an ideal way to connect with your customers and build trust, which in turn will reward your eCommerce business with word-of-mouth referrals. The stronger and more meaningful this relationship is, the more significant your sales will be.
5. Makes the results of your marketing efforts trackable – When you publish a newspaper ad, you have some control over the placement, size, and message of the content. Similarly, if you run a TV commercial, you can determine the frequency and best times to air your ad. But can you guess what’s missing in both cases? The answer is the lack of ability to track performance. No advertiser ever knows if their ad was muted on TV or if the content went unnoticed in the newspaper. One of the gifts of digital marketing is the ability to track the effectiveness of strategies. In digital marketing, you can use tools like Google Analytics to learn if your customer interacted with your content, shared it with a friend, initiated another action, or made a purchase. With this data, you can fine-tune your marketing campaign to optimize your promotional efforts for your e-commerce site.
You May Also Like: Why Is An Advertising Agency Important For Business Growth?
Digital marketing has undoubtedly taken the marketing world by storm. It has revolutionized the way vendors sell and customers buy goods online.
If you are running an eCommerce business but not using Digital marketing to your advantage, survival will be difficult.
Trust us, it is not as complicated as it sounds. We at PromotEdge excel at providing budget-friendly integrated marketing solutions. We are sure our digital marketing strategies will skyrocket your e-commerce business’s growth.
So what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us without contemplating much.